Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 750 of 959
Like Tree918Likes

Thread: BotW impressions.

  1. #701
    LOL Poor savinghyrule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Branson, MO
    Posts
    9,914
    Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: savinghyrule
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Where the heck is this forest? I've filled in almost the entire map and still haven't found the Korok Forest or the one with the Master Sword

    Sent from my Galaxy S6
    Possess enough manliness (13 hearts) and follow the wind north of the castle
    Switch likes this.



  2. #702
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    30,362
    Quote Originally Posted by capnjazz View Post
    It should be one of your runes at that point. Did you go to the research lab in Hateno yet?
    I haven't been there yet. I did the shrine there to get a fast travel point, then went back to do a couple of other things. Going there is next on my list.
    NNID: WoodenSaucer (imagine that )

    Nintendo Switch: An amazing handheld, and crappy console all-in-one. ™

  3. #703
    Loafer Lemony_Iced_Tea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    967
    Nintendo NID
    Satsedude
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NewbCentra1
    Yesterday my brother fought and defeated the electric divine beast. Truth be told, I thought he'd be a lot harder based on what I'd heard here. But then again, I wasn't fighting him and my brother ate a few of my durians and my last durian meal. I'll probably get more of those next time I play. We're also sitting at around just under half (58) of all the shrines found and completed. One divine beast left and 62 shrines to go. After that and regaining the memories, I think we'll probably fight Ganon. The compendium stuff is nice, but it just feels like overkill and it could take straight up months, maybe even years, to get everything registered into the compendium.

    Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
    Wii U NNID: Satsedude

  4. #704
    Senior Member sweetcosmicpope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Snohomish, WA
    Posts
    1,737
    Nintendo NID
    SweetCosmicPope
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: SweetCosmicPope PSN ID: SweetCosmicPope Steam ID: SweetCosmicPope
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cloud Strife View Post
    I guess that's an okay place...

    Offtopic...I bought my aireloom mattress from there when I still lived in Houston. Lol
    The Cloud Strife likes this.

  5. #705
    Senior Member sweetcosmicpope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Snohomish, WA
    Posts
    1,737
    Nintendo NID
    SweetCosmicPope
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: SweetCosmicPope PSN ID: SweetCosmicPope Steam ID: SweetCosmicPope
    So I learned that if you get right up against a guardian, they can't hit you. Then you chop off their legs with the master sword, they tip over, and beat them in the asshole until they die.
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

  6. #706
    Monstah Huntah capnjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    24 Willie Mays Plaza, San Francisco, California
    Posts
    8,616
    I used to live in Seabrook and would always see commercial for The Dump.
    The Cloud Strife likes this.

  7. #707
    Sir Donkus of Puncherelus heimbachae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6,068
    Nintendo NID
    heimbachae
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: heimbachae PSN ID: heimbachae Steam ID: heimbachae
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingFury View Post
    It's in the Southeast when you're interested.
    dude.... i'd definitely wait to go there if i were you. i dunno why but i had such stupid issues at that damn island. on the flip side: you'll get good at stealth on that island for sure. and foraging.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    inquire within

  8. #708
    Senior Member TommyTLG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I swear I must be dumb enough to walk past it or something every time...

    Sent from my Galaxy S6
    Just look for a giant pink tree.
    I was high on top death mountain and I was like "Ooooh. What's this?"
    heimbachae likes this.
    YouTube: Switchbox
    Twitter:
    MatboksenYT
    Instagram: MatboksenYT

    NNID: MysteryT


  9. #709
    Monstah Huntah capnjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    24 Willie Mays Plaza, San Francisco, California
    Posts
    8,616
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyTLG View Post
    I was high on top death mountain and I was like "Ooooh. What's this?"

  10. #710
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    30,362
    Since Link failed 100 years ago, does that put this game in the Link Failed timeline?
    NNID: WoodenSaucer (imagine that )

    Nintendo Switch: An amazing handheld, and crappy console all-in-one. ™

  11. #711
    Senior Member SpareChnge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Westbrook, ME
    Posts
    2,655
    Nintendo NID
    SpareChnge
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    Since Link failed 100 years ago, does that put this game in the Link Failed timeline?
    I was thinking the same damn thing, is it after wind waker? can't be, the ruins are from Ocarina of Time. But that champion suit, it's the same one from Wind Waker, or at least the color and design are. If Wind Waker, then the planet drained really quickly, unless Hyrule was risen back to the surface.



    I just know that this is one of the best games I have played. People are saying it is Skyrim, or Dark Souls type of game, I don't know this, as I never actually played those games so I have nothing to compare it to.

    This game makes me really happy to play and it is fun finding new things to do.


    EDIT: Appears I was wrong Wind Waker suit has a fricking lobster on it.

    Last edited by SpareChnge; 1 Week Ago at 07:07 AM.
    heimbachae likes this.

  12. #712
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    30,362
    Quote Originally Posted by SpareChnge View Post
    I was thinking the same damn thing, is it after wind waker? can't be, the ruins are from Ocarina of Time. But that champion suit, it's the same one from Wind Waker, or at least the color and design are. If Wind Waker, the planet drained really quickly, unless Hyrule was risen back to the surface.


    I just know that this is one of the best games I have played. People are saying it is Skyrim, or Dark Souls type of game, I don't know this, as I never actually played those games so I have nothing to compare it to.

    This game makes me really happy to play and it is fun finding new things to do.
    Wind Waker isn't the Link Failed timeline, though. It's the Child Link. Link Failed is the line with the original LoZ.

    And the more I play the game, the less I think it's like Skyrim. It has some of the same mechanics, like cooking is similar to alchemy. But it's really nothing like Skyrim in most ways.
    FlamingFury likes this.
    NNID: WoodenSaucer (imagine that )

    Nintendo Switch: An amazing handheld, and crappy console all-in-one. ™

  13. #713
    Dragon Knight Sonicgill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6,084
    Nintendo NID
    Sonicgill
    Hey, did anyone notice this game is E10 on the Ratings scale? And Twilight Princess got a T? How does that work?

  14. #714
    Senior Member TommyTLG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicgill View Post
    Hey, did anyone notice this game is E10 on the Ratings scale? And Twilight Princess got a T? How does that work?
    Twilight Princess had scary twili beasts.
    YouTube: Switchbox
    Twitter:
    MatboksenYT
    Instagram: MatboksenYT

    NNID: MysteryT


  15. #715
    Senior Member SpareChnge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Westbrook, ME
    Posts
    2,655
    Nintendo NID
    SpareChnge
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicgill View Post
    Hey, did anyone notice this game is E10 on the Ratings scale? And Twilight Princess got a T? How does that work?
    I'm still trying to figure out how magnets work.


  16. #716
    Dragon Knight Sonicgill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6,084
    Nintendo NID
    Sonicgill
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyTLG View Post
    Twilight Princess had scary twili beasts.
    Scary to who? 3 year olds? How about the fear of a Guardian roasting your corpse while you frantically run for cover?

  17. #717
    Senior Member TommyTLG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicgill View Post
    Scary to who? 3 year olds? How about the fear of a Guardian roasting your corpse while you frantically run for cover?
    The twili beasts have unsettling music when you battle them :O
    Guardians aren't threatening when you know how to defeat them.

    Maybe it got T because the color pallete is darker? I don't know. Breath of the Wild is more colorful.
    But BotW is PEGI 12 here in Europe afaik. (Same as TP)
    YouTube: Switchbox
    Twitter:
    MatboksenYT
    Instagram: MatboksenYT

    NNID: MysteryT


  18. #718
    Senior Member iiCrushU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    135
    Nintendo NID
    playerbg247
    My later impressions of this game is that it is way too big, boring, lame, and mind draining. I mean after while I actually forget what I was doing and start seeing mirages in the game and only play it just to lay it, because I cannot believe...guess they made it this way on purpose, but it does look good tho, some fantastic art.

  19. #719
    Dragon Knight Sonicgill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6,084
    Nintendo NID
    Sonicgill
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyTLG View Post
    The twili beasts have unsettling music when you battle them :O
    Guardians aren't threatening when you know how to defeat them.

    Maybe it got T because the color pallete is darker? I don't know. Breath of the Wild is more colorful.
    But BotW is PEGI 12 here in Europe afaik. (Same as TP)
    Guardians still aren't easy to defeat considering their weakpoint is the thing that shoots you. And they have surprisingly good AI. And their music is pretty chilling for a piano solo.
    ohmyrob likes this.

  20. #720
    Dragon Knight Sonicgill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6,084
    Nintendo NID
    Sonicgill
    By the way, has anyone talked about the ragdoll physics anytime you get hit? I end up getting a rock thrown at me and I roll down a mountain, losing Mipha's Grace and 5 fairies.
    heimbachae and Kukabuksilaks like this.

  21. #721
    Senior Member sweetcosmicpope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Snohomish, WA
    Posts
    1,737
    Nintendo NID
    SweetCosmicPope
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: SweetCosmicPope PSN ID: SweetCosmicPope Steam ID: SweetCosmicPope
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicgill View Post
    Guardians still aren't easy to defeat considering their weakpoint is the thing that shoots you. And they have surprisingly good AI. And their music is pretty chilling for a piano solo.
    Legit. Any time I hear that music, or even a piano riff that kind of sounds like that's about to play, my butthole clenches up. lol I came across a guardian in the Hebra region and it was in the middle of a wasteland with nowhere to hide and I freaked out. That was the first one with legs I killed because I had nowhere to run.
    aMarioFan64 likes this.

  22. #722
    Moderator Switch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    15,682
    It's really not that hard to take down a guardian. Stun them with an arrow, cut off a leg with a "guardian" brand weapon, stun them, chop them, repeat until all legs are off. Then just keep stunning and hitting them in general.

    I don't have a Master Sword but was easily able to take one down...granted I burned through 2 guardian swords...
    NNID: Max_Lazy_10

    3DS Friend Code: 0533-8845-6374

    Steam ID: Max_Lazy_10

    Origin ID: Max_Lazy_10

    Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 3637849704

  23. #723
    Senior Member The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,042
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    It's really not that hard to take down a guardian. Stun them with an arrow, cut off a leg with a "guardian" brand weapon, stun them, chop them, repeat until all legs are off. Then just keep stunning and hitting them in general.

    I don't have a Master Sword but was easily able to take one down...granted I burned through 2 guardian swords...
    I actually got pretty good at just blocking their beam and throwing it back at them. Pretty easy to kill them that way. If we are talking about the same thing, I think we are.

    I will never be able to defeat those damn wild horses though.. I've been killed by them twice!!
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

  24. #724
    Senior Member sweetcosmicpope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Snohomish, WA
    Posts
    1,737
    Nintendo NID
    SweetCosmicPope
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: SweetCosmicPope PSN ID: SweetCosmicPope Steam ID: SweetCosmicPope
    I've only successfully done that a couple of times (deflect the beam). Every other time I can't get the timing down and it drains me to half a heart and destroys my shield.

    I'm just going balls out against them with the master sword now, and that works perfectly.

  25. #725
    Moderator Switch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    15,682
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cloud Strife View Post
    I actually got pretty good at just blocking their beam and throwing it back at them. Pretty easy to kill them that way. If we are talking about the same thing, I think we are.

    I will never be able to defeat those damn wild horses though.. I've been killed by them twice!!
    I can never get the timing right on the laser perry

    Sent from my Galaxy S6
    NNID: Max_Lazy_10

    3DS Friend Code: 0533-8845-6374

    Steam ID: Max_Lazy_10

    Origin ID: Max_Lazy_10

    Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 3637849704

  26. #726
    LOL Poor savinghyrule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Branson, MO
    Posts
    9,914
    Nintendo NID
    savinghyrule
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: savinghyrule
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetcosmicpope View Post
    Legit. Any time I hear that music, or even a piano riff that kind of sounds like that's about to play, my butthole clenches up. lol I came across a guardian in the Hebra region and it was in the middle of a wasteland with nowhere to hide and I freaked out. That was the first one with legs I killed because I had nowhere to run.
    You can always warp out of there too

  27. #727
    Senior Member The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,042
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I can never get the timing right on the laser perry

    Sent from my Galaxy S6
    Stand in front of them with your shield out, and as soon as you see a flash press a. I know it seems daunting, but it's actually pretty easy when you get the hang of it. I thought I would never get the hang of It, but I rarely ever get hit by them now. Just use the sound and the flash (which is most important in my opinion). I even blocked two that were locked on to me simultaneously once.

  28. #728
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    30,362
    Finally got my camera today. You do have to take a picture of the Fairy Fountain to satisfy the painter. The side quest doesn't even start until after you have the camera.

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetcosmicpope View Post
    Legit. Any time I hear that music, or even a piano riff that kind of sounds like that's about to play, my butthole clenches up. lol I came across a guardian in the Hebra region and it was in the middle of a wasteland with nowhere to hide and I freaked out. That was the first one with legs I killed because I had nowhere to run.
    It's nowhere near as creepy as the Shadow Beast music in TP.



    Quote Originally Posted by sweetcosmicpope View Post
    I've only successfully done that a couple of times (deflect the beam). Every other time I can't get the timing down and it drains me to half a heart and destroys my shield.

    I'm just going balls out against them with the master sword now, and that works perfectly.
    As soon as it changes from red to blue, press A to deflect the beam. And it has to be right after it changes.
    NNID: WoodenSaucer (imagine that )

    Nintendo Switch: An amazing handheld, and crappy console all-in-one. ™

  29. #729
    Senior Member TommyTLG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,533
    The laser parry is worked into my brain now.
    I know exactly when to press A
    YouTube: Switchbox
    Twitter:
    MatboksenYT
    Instagram: MatboksenYT

    NNID: MysteryT


  30. #730
    Moderator wu_wei_lion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    14,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicgill View Post
    Guardians still aren't easy to defeat considering their weakpoint is the thing that shoots you. And they have surprisingly good AI. And their music is pretty chilling for a piano solo.
    You can shield parry their beams back directly at their eyes if you time it right. That kills them in three hits. All you have to do is stand there and press A

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    NNID: ScottG
    3DS friend code: 1864-9028-8671
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Dream Suite Address: 4800-2561-7720
    Switch friend code: SW-5890-1732-7315

  31. #731
    Moderator wu_wei_lion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    14,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I can never get the timing right on the laser perry

    Sent from my Galaxy S6
    You just have to do it when the eye flashes before it shoots the beam. It took me a couple of deaths before I got the timing but I can get it to work 85% of the time now

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    NNID: ScottG
    3DS friend code: 1864-9028-8671
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Dream Suite Address: 4800-2561-7720
    Switch friend code: SW-5890-1732-7315

  32. #732
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    30,362
    Quote Originally Posted by wu_wei_lion View Post
    You can shield parry their beams back directly at their eyes if you time it right. That kills them in three hits. All you have to do is stand there and press A

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    It takes 3 hits? I haven't even gotten to any real ones yet. I've only come up against the ones on the Plateau that don't have legs. They made those easy with one hit.
    NNID: WoodenSaucer (imagine that )

    Nintendo Switch: An amazing handheld, and crappy console all-in-one. ™

  33. #733
    Moderator wu_wei_lion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    14,864
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    It takes 3 hits? I haven't even gotten to any real ones yet. I've only come up against the ones on the Plateau that don't have legs. They made those easy with one hit.
    You're right. The mobile ones with legs take three hits but the half buried stationary ones only have 500 hp and take one hit.

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    NNID: ScottG
    3DS friend code: 1864-9028-8671
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Dream Suite Address: 4800-2561-7720
    Switch friend code: SW-5890-1732-7315

  34. #734
    Senior Member TommyTLG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,533
    Played around 40 hours now.
    Just gonna get 2 more stamina vessels then I'll take down Ganon.
    The Cloud Strife likes this.
    YouTube: Switchbox
    Twitter:
    MatboksenYT
    Instagram: MatboksenYT

    NNID: MysteryT


  35. #735
    Moderator GameNChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    87,731
    Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Nights illusion PSN ID: gamenchick
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyTLG View Post
    Played around 40 hours now.
    Just gonna get 2 more stamina vessels then I'll take down Ganon.
    lameplaythrough
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

  36. #736
    Moderator GameNChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    87,731
    Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Nights illusion PSN ID: gamenchick
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    It's really not that hard to take down a guardian. Stun them with an arrow, cut off a leg with a "guardian" brand weapon, stun them, chop them, repeat until all legs are off. Then just keep stunning and hitting them in general.

    I don't have a Master Sword but was easily able to take one down...granted I burned through 2 guardian swords...
    dont be a noob
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

  37. #737
    Senior Member drew79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    st. louis, mo
    Posts
    12,836
    Nintendo NID
    LIZARD13
    Quote Originally Posted by GameNChick View Post
    dont be a noob
    Canadian is worse than noob.
    Zeldatrek likes this.
    Lunkhead.

  38. #738
    Senior Member Mjeku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    966
    I was trying to catch a grasshopper, and then a crane caught it in its claw and flew away with it!

    Whatisthisgameit'sthegreatestever!
    WoodenSaucer and drew79 like this.
    3ds FC 2251-5240-1611

    Wii U ID: MjekuMati

  39. #739
    Moderator GameNChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    87,731
    Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Nights illusion PSN ID: gamenchick
    Quote Originally Posted by drew79 View Post
    Canadian is worse than noob.
    truethat
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

  40. #740
    Senior Member Kennyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,373
    Nintendo NID
    kennyjohnson
    Other Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: dodgingcars
    Finally finished my last divine beast. Plan to go find the Master Sword. I still need to do most of the captured memories.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Nintendo ID: kennyjohnson
    Nintendo 3DS: 4012-4819-5619
    Wii Fit U: Wii U Forums Gym Community: 2974-4499-2133

  41. #741
    Moderator wu_wei_lion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    14,864
    Finished Breath of the Wild tonight. One of my favorite games ever. The only shrine I missed was on eventide island. I'm going to go back and do that in addition to side quests I missed.

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    NNID: ScottG
    3DS friend code: 1864-9028-8671
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Dream Suite Address: 4800-2561-7720
    Switch friend code: SW-5890-1732-7315

  42. #742
    Sir Donkus of Puncherelus heimbachae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6,068
    Nintendo NID
    heimbachae
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: heimbachae PSN ID: heimbachae Steam ID: heimbachae

    BotW impressions.

    Quote Originally Posted by wu_wei_lion View Post
    You can shield parry their beams back directly at their eyes if you time it right. That kills them in three hits. All you have to do is stand there and press A

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    to anyone having a hard time with guardians, first off do what wu says. second, stop being cheap and buy/craft some ancient arrows. shoot directly at their eye. thank me later.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    inquire within

  43. #743
    Senior Member The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,042
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    Quote Originally Posted by wu_wei_lion View Post
    Finished Breath of the Wild tonight. One of my favorite games ever. The only shrine I missed was on eventide island. I'm going to go back and do that in addition to side quests I missed.

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    Wow!!! Really? That's quite an accomplishment dude that you were able to do so many shrines. Congrats on beating the game!!! It's truly a remarkable experience.

  44. #744
    Moderator wu_wei_lion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    14,864
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cloud Strife View Post
    Wow!!! Really? That's quite an accomplishment dude that you were able to do so many shrines. Congrats on beating the game!!! It's truly remarkable.
    I totally cheated on the last 20 or so by copying a comprehensive list of shrines by region and systematically checking off the ones I had done from my map. So I knew the names of the ones I was looking for and narrowed down the regions I needed to look in. The only one I haven't done is eventide island because I can't get the orb out to the pedestal in the water. I use stasis but it seems to overshoot every time and go out past the boundary of the island. I serum out to push the orb back in and the monk says "where are you going? Are you giving up on the challenge?" So I can't complete the challenge because the game won't let me. So frustrating.

    Tonight I amused myself by hunting savage Lynels and going on a snowboarding trip to the Hebra mountains after beating the game.

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wu_wei_lion; 1 Week Ago at 11:03 PM.
    WoodenSaucer and heimbachae like this.
    NNID: ScottG
    3DS friend code: 1864-9028-8671
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Dream Suite Address: 4800-2561-7720
    Switch friend code: SW-5890-1732-7315

  45. #745
    Senior Member The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,042
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    Quote Originally Posted by wu_wei_lion View Post
    I totally cheated on the last 20 or so by copying a comprehensive list of shrines by region and systematically checking off the ones I had done from my map. So I knew the names of the ones I was looking for and narrowed down the regions I needed to look in. The only one I haven't done is eventide island because I can't get the orb out to the pedestal in the water. I use stasis but it seems to overshoot every time and go out past the boundary of the island. I serum out to push the orb back in and the monk says "where are you going? Are you giving up on the challenge?" So I can't complete the challenge because the game won't let me. So frustrating.

    Tonight I amused myself by hunting savage Lynels and going on a snowboarding trip to the Hebra mountains after beating the game.

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    Use your ice ability in the water to pick the orb up. Just trying to help!

    But still a cool accomplishment man! I've only done... let's see.. 61 shrines so fat.

  46. #746
    Moderator wu_wei_lion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    14,864
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cloud Strife View Post
    Use your ice ability in the water to pick the orb up. Just trying to help!

    But still a cool accomplishment man! I've only done... let's see.. 61 shrines so fat.
    Yeah I started considering that tonight. I came so close using stasis though. It's kind of like golf. Thanks for the suggestion

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    NNID: ScottG
    3DS friend code: 1864-9028-8671
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Dream Suite Address: 4800-2561-7720
    Switch friend code: SW-5890-1732-7315

  47. #747
    Senior Member The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,042
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    Quote Originally Posted by wu_wei_lion View Post
    Yeah I started considering that tonight. I came so close using stasis though. It's kind of like golf

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    Haha yeah that part annoyed me for a while too. Then I realized to just use that other ability and it was really simple. I never even got close to getting it over there though by using stasis. It just kept going sideways.

  48. #748
    Moderator wu_wei_lion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    14,864
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cloud Strife View Post
    Haha yeah that part annoyed me for a while too. Then I realized to just use that other ability and it was really simple. I never even got close to getting it over there though by using stasis. It just kept going sideways.
    I got it to land on the platform but it bounced and went past it. I went "Noooooo why must you taunt me, orb?!"

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    The Cloud Strife likes this.
    NNID: ScottG
    3DS friend code: 1864-9028-8671
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Dream Suite Address: 4800-2561-7720
    Switch friend code: SW-5890-1732-7315

  49. #749
    Senior Member The Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,042
    Nintendo NID
    TheCloudStrife1
    Other Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Kamehamehahh
    Quote Originally Posted by wu_wei_lion View Post
    I got it to land on the platform but it bounced and went past it. I went "Noooooo why must you taunt me, orb?!"

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    This game is so fun, lol. That island thing for some reason was one of my favorite gaming moments ever! I had a lot of fun there.

  50. #750
    Moderator GameNChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    87,731
    Nintendo NID
    Nightsillusion
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Nights illusion PSN ID: gamenchick
    Quote Originally Posted by heimbachae View Post
    to anyone having a hard time with guardians, first off do what wu says. second, stop being cheap and buy/craft some ancient arrows. shoot directly at their eye. thank me later.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dont be canadians and just deflect the laser back
    ((( Playing With Power )))
    Nintendo Network ID: 0047-7271-7918
    XBOX Live: Nights illusion
    PSN ID: GameNChick
    #ConsoleLivesMatter

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •