Mario Kart 8 for Wii U now available!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 103
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Welcome to the new Wii U Forums!

  1. #51
    Administrator Phases's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    836
    Nintendo NID
    test
    I don't recall, I deleted it, but it was minor, something that was either about to be fixed or not really a bug. If it's not minor, we'll remember it soon enough.



  2. #52
    The Senior Member Bob Singh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Phases View Post
    I don't recall, I deleted it, but it was minor, something that was either about to be fixed or not really a bug. If it's not minor, we'll remember it soon enough.
    alright

  3. #53
    The Senior Member Bob Singh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,367
    I remembered!


    Is there any member list that we can view? I remembered this because i wanted to add some friends but i can't unless i find their posts or unless they are online.

  4. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    72
    Wah. I'm pissy and going to bed. I hope I can edit all older posts in the morning as I have some fixing up to do. Also, the "Your Message" and Reply To Thread" up top are merged at every zoom level. Firefox 15.0.1
    Tired of same old music? Give these a try. More to come.
    Level Five|Funeral

  5. #55
    Community Jester Leeroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Near far wherever you are
    Posts
    6,872

    Unhappy

    This seems so confusing nowHow do I put a profile pic
    Last edited by Leeroy; 10-11-2012 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Didnt want to double post

    Nintendo ID:Folofus
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosecutor
    I wet my bed until I was Twelve!

  6. #56
    Senior Member flashdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    349
    hi, good job moving everything. it's a good thing you brought some of wiiudaily features along with it.

  7. #57
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    13,692
    I'm pretty confused right now. One thing I was really missing from the old forum is that clicking on a thread used to take you to the first unread post. Then I looked at the top of this thread and I saw a button/link to go to the first unread post, and it worked. So I thought I was going to be satisfied because of that, but now I can't find that option in any thread on the forum. Is there a way for you guys to make sure that is in there?

    Edit: And now "View first unread" is back at the top of this thread, but I can't find it in any other thread. I know it can be done because it's working in this thread.
    Last edited by WoodenSaucer; 10-12-2012 at 07:41 AM.

  8. #58
    Senior Member Daemonrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,411
    Would it be possible to have a link somewhere back to WiiUDaily homepage? The HOME button did that on the WiiUDaily forums - I know that can't be done here; but it would be nice to be able to quickly drop back if need be.

    Just a thought.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,424
    Still getting used to things, honestly. I'm not really digging the new format. I can't tell easily when a thread has a new post or not. Any chance our Likes will be translated to to this site as well? It looks prettier, but it certainly isn't as user friendly. I do like the new posts button though. That's a nice touch.
    Leeroy likes this.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,424
    A couple other things:

    Why are we now not allowed to edit posts? Why is the "New Post" button now broken?

  11. #61
    Administrator Phases's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    836
    Nintendo NID
    test
    Ok, I've enabled editing indefinitely for now so everyone can do what they need to do, but in the future as the community grows this will be changed most likely to a limit. As in, a certain amount of time after posting that you can edit.

    New posts link broken??

  12. #62
    Senior Member Black Dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cleveland,Ohio
    Posts
    796
    Nintendo NID
    Black Dynamite
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: ab wii kenobi PSN ID: bigduel1

    O.K. O_o

    Well!Site looking O.k.?Just got to get used to it!

  13. #63
    Moderator Madara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    4,993

    Red face

    Yay, thanks a bunch Phases!

  14. #64
    Senior Member Wii Uoops!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    1,273
    On profile posts and comments, when you want to turn it into a conversation, the letters and words are viewed from up to down instead of horizontal.
    ...
    And we thought we were done with bugs! :P
    There ain't no party like a Nintendo party 'cause a Nintendo party never stops!
    Nintendo Network ID: Zupersaurus
    3DS Friend Code: 0533-5083-8385.

  15. #65
    Administrator Phases's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    836
    Nintendo NID
    test
    Can you post a screenshot?

  16. #66
    Senior Member Princedavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    4,669
    Man I freaked, because I didn't have my original password, but I went to the labtop that had my original IP address and then it worked and let me come in then figured out how to change password with just email address.

    But edit is a must, like you ever see that new loony toons show on CN, and the one where daffy is all lucid and writes like a long psycho message email and then acidentally presses send instead of delete, and sends to all the neighbors. Like I was having one of those moments and the forums changed over while I was still writing it and it got published when I wanted to erase it. Ha but I erased it. But yah I think we definately should be able to edit, like add take away stuff, correction etc..

    . Also it was hard figure out stuff on here, and I liked the alert system and stuff, I cant figure out whats new thread or what people are writing. I guess ill get use to it but I liked the old format.

    I don't know if this forum play media, because our old videos look like they didn't make it.?

    Oh, one more thing, it's kinda hard to find things maybe there should be more sections.
    Last edited by Princedavid; 10-12-2012 at 05:48 PM.

  17. #67
    Senior Member Wii Uoops!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    1,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Phases View Post
    Can you post a screenshot?
    Certainly, my good man.

    Did I post it? I'm not sure if I'm quite familiar with the new mechanics of this right now... pfft.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There ain't no party like a Nintendo party 'cause a Nintendo party never stops!
    Nintendo Network ID: Zupersaurus
    3DS Friend Code: 0533-5083-8385.

  18. #68
    Moderator Madara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    4,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii Uoops! View Post
    Certainly, my good man.

    Did I post it? I'm not sure if I'm quite familiar with the new mechanics of this right now... pfft.
    What browser do you use? IE, Firefox, and Chrome all have display issues while you're logged in, but that particular one hasn't occured for me when I use IE.

  19. #69
    Senior Member Wii Uoops!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    1,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    What browser do you use? IE, Firefox, and Chrome all have display issues while you're logged in, but that particular one hasn't occured for me when I use IE.
    I'm using Firefox. Right now Internet Explorer is goofing up.
    There ain't no party like a Nintendo party 'cause a Nintendo party never stops!
    Nintendo Network ID: Zupersaurus
    3DS Friend Code: 0533-5083-8385.

  20. #70
    The Senior Member Bob Singh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Singh View Post
    I remembered!


    Is there any member list that we can view? I remembered this because i wanted to add some friends but i can't unless i find their posts or unless they are online.
    this and is there a text editor when we post? like changing fonts and sizes. and smileys


    is there any way to see the old forums? I wanted to say a final goodbye. Its gonna be sad never seeing them again.
    Last edited by Bob Singh; 10-12-2012 at 06:50 PM.

  21. #71
    rob
    rob is offline
    Site Owner rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Princedavid View Post
    Oh, one more thing, it's kinda hard to find things maybe there should be more sections.
    Any specific suggestions on what you're NOT seeing that you WOULD like to see? We're open to expanding the site into more areas if it would help the flow of things. We have already added a separate forum for each of the big games which should be great once the console launches.

    Feel free to post specific requests/suggestions for us to consider!

  22. #72
    The Senior Member Bob Singh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Princedavid View Post
    Oh, one more thing, it's kinda hard to find things maybe there should be more sections.
    i don't agree with that. too many sections are an even bigger hassle.
    ceramicsaturn likes this.

  23. #73
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    13,692
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    I'm pretty confused right now. One thing I was really missing from the old forum is that clicking on a thread used to take you to the first unread post. Then I looked at the top of this thread and I saw a button/link to go to the first unread post, and it worked. So I thought I was going to be satisfied because of that, but now I can't find that option in any thread on the forum. Is there a way for you guys to make sure that is in there?

    Edit: And now "View first unread" is back at the top of this thread, but I can't find it in any other thread. I know it can be done because it's working in this thread.
    Evidently, "View first unread" doesn't show up if there are no new posts, and all of the threads I tried out didn't have any new posts. Either that or you have fixed it, because it seems to be working now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Princedavid View Post
    But edit is a must, like you ever see that new loony toons show on CN, and the one where daffy is all lucid and writes like a long psycho message email and then acidentally presses send instead of delete, and sends to all the neighbors. Like I was having one of those moments and the forums changed over while I was still writing it and it got published when I wanted to erase it. Ha but I erased it. But yah I think we definately should be able to edit, like add take away stuff, correction etc..
    I'm on another vBulletin forum where they allow you to edit your post for one week, then you can't edit it anymore. They said the reason for that is that there are now spambots that post in threads with a message that isn't really suspicious so the mods won't suspect anything, then a few weeks later they come back and edit that post with their spam. Spammers ruin a lot for us.

    Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    Any specific suggestions on what you're NOT seeing that you WOULD like to see? We're open to expanding the site into more areas if it would help the flow of things. We have already added a separate forum for each of the big games which should be great once the console launches.

    Feel free to post specific requests/suggestions for us to consider!
    I have enough forum experience that I know most of the tags for things like italics, underlining, quotes, links and whatever. But for the people who don't know that stuff, it would be nice to have some buttons for the message edit box.

  24. #74
    Administrator Phases's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    836
    Nintendo NID
    test
    If you look down below this post, at the bottom of each thread, you'll see "BBCode is ON". If you click that, it explains what is available.



    I do agree though, some additional buttons would be nice.

  25. #75
    The Senior Member Bob Singh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,367

  26. #76
    rob
    rob is offline
    Site Owner rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    161
    What do you think about thread/forum titles? Vote here:
    Thread Titles: Blue or Black?

  27. #77
    The Senior Member Bob Singh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,367
    also when you click someone's name at their post, "view forum posts" go a bit off the boundary

  28. #78
    The Senior Member Bob Singh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,367
    In my opinion I think "Wii U Community" should be moved below "Other Consoles". It doesn't always talk about Wii U, and that may confuse some visitors(guests).


    Quote Originally Posted by Phases View Post
    If you look down below this post, at the bottom of each thread, you'll see "BBCode is ON". If you click that, it explains what is available.


    well alright.
    Last edited by Bob Singh; 10-13-2012 at 01:14 PM.

  29. #79
    Administrator Phases's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    836
    Nintendo NID
    test
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Singh View Post
    well alright.
    See this: More posting options?
    Bob Singh likes this.

  30. #80
    The Senior Member Bob Singh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Singh View Post
    In my opinion I think "Wii U Community" should be moved below "Other Consoles". It doesn't always talk about Wii U, and that may confuse some visitors(guests).

    anyone else's opinion on this?
    Last edited by Bob Singh; 10-14-2012 at 06:26 PM.

  31. #81
    Senior Member Wii Uoops!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    1,273
    Well, we appear to have fixed the notification problem.
    There ain't no party like a Nintendo party 'cause a Nintendo party never stops!
    Nintendo Network ID: Zupersaurus
    3DS Friend Code: 0533-5083-8385.

  32. #82
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    13,692
    Is there any chance we could get notifications when someone quotes our posts, like the old forum? It's nice having notifications for likes, but it would be good to have them for quoted posts, too. I don't have any idea what's possible, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Singh View Post
    anyone else's opinion on this?
    I think it's a good idea, but I think Wii U Community should be right under Wii U Discussion, and not all the way below Other Consoles.
    Princedavid likes this.

  33. #83
    Administrator Phases's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    836
    Nintendo NID
    test
    We're looking into that now.
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

  34. #84
    The Senior Member Bob Singh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,367
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    I think it's a good idea, but I think Wii U Community should be right under Wii U Discussion, and not all the way below Other Consoles.
    that works too.

  35. #85
    Administrator Phases's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    836
    Nintendo NID
    test
    The current structure of Introductions/Lounge at the very top, then all the Wii U stuff, then site announcements/suggestions has proven to work real well in the past.

    I'm not completely opposed to changing it, and if we're going try something new it needs to be before everyone gets to comfortable as it is now. But, really I just don't see the need.

    Is the suggestion being made because this is how you guys are comfortable from before, or does it just feel un-natural as it is, or what?


  36. #86
    Senior Member Daemonrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,411
    So what's the deal with notifications? I see that notifications can be utilized when posts are made, but every time I try to set those up in my "subscriptions" folder, the notification is always set to None - even though I try to set to alert in my console.

    Is this broken?

    EDIT: Never mind, just noticed you addressed that in a different posting...maybe those should be merged or something? Weird having information in two different locations.

  37. #87
    The Senior Member Bob Singh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Phases View Post
    The current structure of Introductions/Lounge at the very top, then all the Wii U stuff, then site announcements/suggestions has proven to work real well in the past.

    I'm not completely opposed to changing it, and if we're going try something new it needs to be before everyone gets to comfortable as it is now. But, really I just don't see the need.

    Is the suggestion being made because this is how you guys are comfortable from before, or does it just feel un-natural as it is, or what?

    I said that because well, since this forum is about Wii U, the Wii U section should be the first thing people see. But its okay if you think it shouldn't change

    and my post count just decreased by 100- 200 posts!

  38. #88
    The Senior Member Bob Singh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,367
    also, is there a way to get the editor on the exact page? Like there was one in the previous forums?

  39. #89
    Administrator Phases's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    836
    Nintendo NID
    test
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Singh View Post
    also, is there a way to get the editor on the exact page? Like there was one in the previous forums?
    You should now see it appear when you click reply or quote.
    Bob Singh likes this.

  40. #90
    The Senior Member Bob Singh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Phases View Post
    You should now see it appear when you click reply or quote.
    thank you. much easier now.
    Phases likes this.

  41. #91
    Administrator Phases's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    836
    Nintendo NID
    test

  42. #92
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1
    Hello everyone im josh and i am with the wiiu buzz show at youtube/3dlifefilms

  43. #93
    The Senior Member Bob Singh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,367
    right now in any the forum section, some of the icons are cut off.

  44. #94
    Moderator Madara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    4,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Singh View Post
    right now in any the forum section, some of the icons are cut off.
    It's fixed now. Nice upgrade on the site's appearance. It looks more modern or futuristic like Wii U Daily forums. The change was a good step in the right direction.

  45. #95
    Administrator Phases's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    836
    Nintendo NID
    test
    We're redoing the icons, sometimes cache takes a minute to catch up.

  46. #96
    The Magician Pikapower0000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    1,078
    Nintendo NID
    Pikapower0000
    Other Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: pikapower0000
    OK. I am kinda disappointed with the site. I know you guys are trying your hardest, but i have 2 major complaints. the notifications don't notify me, and the layout is terrible. I'm sorry and I feel bad because I can see little improvements everyday, but this just doesn't work.

    NNID and Steam ID: Pikapower0000
    3DS Friend code: 0001-3390-9425

  47. #97
    Moderator Madara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    4,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikapower0000 View Post
    OK. I am kinda disappointed with the site. I know you guys are trying your hardest, but i have 2 major complaints. the notifications don't notify me, and the layout is terrible. I'm sorry and I feel bad because I can see little improvements everyday, but this just doesn't work.
    Sandy has affected some of the staff, so improvements may be seen slower. The administrators know how we want notifications, but us (the users) don't how complicated the implementation could be or if it's even possible. You say the layout is terrible, and this just doesn't work. Would you mind providing image(s) that display how you would like the site to look or are you still stuck on the fact that these aren't Wii U Daily Forums.

  48. #98
    The Magician Pikapower0000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    1,078
    Nintendo NID
    Pikapower0000
    Other Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: pikapower0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    Sandy has affected some of the staff, so improvements may be seen slower. The administrators know how we want notifications, but us (the users) don't how complicated the implementation could be or if it's even possible. You say the layout is terrible, and this just doesn't work. Would you mind providing image(s) that display how you would like the site to look or are you still stuck on the fact that these aren't Wii U Daily Forums.
    Well to answer your first question sure i'll find a picture, to answer your second one, The old layout and site was better but I like the new ones too.

    NNID and Steam ID: Pikapower0000
    3DS Friend code: 0001-3390-9425

  49. #99
    The Magician Pikapower0000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    1,078
    Nintendo NID
    Pikapower0000
    Other Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: pikapower0000
    I apologize, I couldn't find a picture, but this website here has the style and layout I like, and with a few Wii U Forums tweaks it would be perfect. http://nintendo3dscommunity.com/

    NNID and Steam ID: Pikapower0000
    3DS Friend code: 0001-3390-9425

  50. #100
    The Senior Member Bob Singh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikapower0000 View Post
    I apologize, I couldn't find a picture, but this website here has the style and layout I like, and with a few Wii U Forums tweaks it would be perfect. Nintendo 3DS Community: A 3DS forum to discuss Nintendo games
    yes, but that is an IPD forum. we are on a vBulletin one. The previous one we had was Xenforo. So we'd have to change the whole thing again to turn it into Nintendo 3DS Community: A 3DS forum to discuss Nintendo games
    Madara likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •