I'm planning on getting the regular $299 edition of the Wii U. In fact, I tried to purchase the $349 Limited Edition version but:
One of the ONLY benefits is increased storage which I'm not even sure I'll use. That being said, I've been thinking about getting an external hard drive anyways (for music and media) and just wanted to share a couple good deals from experience.
- It was sold out
- The guy at GameStop told me it was stupid anyways
(1) Shop NewEgg.com - they often have GREAT deals on external storage - Newegg.com - Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, HDTVs, Digital Cameras and More!
(2) Western Digital is my favorite brand. Reliable and affordable. You can get a 1TB hard drive for under $100. Here is an example: Newegg.com - Western Digital Elements SE 1TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive WDBPCK0010BBK-NESN
(3) For SD Cards, shop Amazon. NEVER walk into a store like Best Buy as for this type of product SPECIFICALLY you'll be paying about 10X what you need to spend.
(4) There are some important features of SD cards you'll want to note, mainly the read/write speed. The "Class" number is how many Mb/s they can write data. DO NOT get a class 2. Class 4 is the lowest class you should purchase and Class 6 is good too. You could get Class 10 but you'll probably be paying more and not really notice any difference in performance or reliability.
If you have any more suggestions/tips for others buying External Storage, External Hard Drive, or SD Cards for the Wii U, please share!