Mario Kart 8 for Wii U now available!
Results 1 to 36 of 36
Like Tree13Likes
  • 3 Post By Drawin
  • 1 Post By Darth Praxis
  • 1 Post By the ancient gamer
  • 1 Post By ceramicsaturn
  • 1 Post By Darth Praxis
  • 1 Post By Daemonrunner
  • 2 Post By ceramicsaturn
  • 1 Post By WoodenSaucer
  • 1 Post By ceramicsaturn
  • 1 Post By Bob Singh

Thread: USA Ad Campaign begins tomorrow!

  1. #1
    Senior Member Drawin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The always changing misrepresentation between Fabrication and Reality. I migrate.
    Posts
    455

    USA Ad Campaign begins tomorrow!



    The above image was leaked by Nintendo so they confirm US Adverts to begin tomorrow. I suspect a running camera shot, going to all the different rooms as family's play together or by themselves, playing casual and hardcore games.

    US Adverts are always better then ours .. (UK)
    Last edited by Drawin; 10-31-2012 at 02:04 PM.



  2. #2
    Senior Member Drawin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The always changing misrepresentation between Fabrication and Reality. I migrate.
    Posts
    455
    Ah nuts, posted in wrong place. XD

  3. #3
    Moderator Darth Praxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    4,482
    Nintendo NID
    DarthPraxs
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Darth Praxis Steam ID: DarthPraxis
    About damn time!!!!!!
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

  4. #4
    Moderator the ancient gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,768
    Did they say where, or when?

  5. #5
    Administrator Phases's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    831
    Nintendo NID
    test
    Moved for ya

  6. #6
    Senior Member Drawin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The always changing misrepresentation between Fabrication and Reality. I migrate.
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by the ancient gamer View Post
    Did they say where, or when?
    I checked in Twitter and they said "Vsit FB page (Nintendo of America) on 11/1 for the premiere!"

  7. #7
    Moderator the ancient gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawin View Post
    I checked in Twitter and they said "Vsit FB page (Nintendo of America) on 11/1 for the premiere!"
    It better be something they actually show on television, too...
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Drawin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The always changing misrepresentation between Fabrication and Reality. I migrate.
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by the ancient gamer View Post
    It better be something they actually show on television, too...
    I'm sure it will be on TV too, but I guess they are putting it on their FB straight away for the hardcore fans to see first. :P

  9. #9
    Senior Member Nintyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Some where.
    Posts
    2,292
    Burger King - Wii U toys commercial | GoNintendo - What are YOU waiting for?

    There ya go! Was watchin some TV and saw the ad!

    Anyways heres one from Gonintendo if you dont want to turn da channels all midnight

  10. #10
    Moderator the ancient gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintyfan View Post
    Burger King - Wii U toys commercial | GoNintendo - What are YOU waiting for?

    There ya go! Was watchin some TV and saw the ad!

    Anyways heres one from Gonintendo if you dont want to turn da channels all midnight
    Well that was better than the UK ad, anyway.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,424
    Already looks better than the English commercial.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Drawin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The always changing misrepresentation between Fabrication and Reality. I migrate.
    Posts
    455
    Quite enjoyed that advert, reminded me of the UK one for NSMBW when random celebrity's were singing the same tune. I would guess that it's not the actual advert in reverence to the picture in the original post, but I guess it's part of the 'campaign'.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Nintyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Some where.
    Posts
    2,292
    your welcome.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintyfan View Post
    you're welcome.
    fixed
    Drawin likes this.

  15. #15
    Moderator Darth Praxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    4,482
    Nintendo NID
    DarthPraxs
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Darth Praxis Steam ID: DarthPraxis
    Cute, and it was better than the UK one, but it still isn't aimed at their supposed demographic, "hardcore gamers". Hope to see the regular commercial soon.

    By the way that set design is crazy!
    LocoSublime likes this.

  16. #16
    The Senior Member Bob Singh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,367
    thanks for posting! could you also post a link please.

  17. #17
    Retro Collector PKUltima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,836
    Nintendo NID
    PK-Ultima
    Thank you for posting this! I'll be sure to look for this commercial tomorrow on Youtube.
    Most Anticipated Games: Xenoblade Chronicles X and The Legend of Zelda Wii U
    This is the Zelda game we have all been waiting for.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Nintyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Some where.
    Posts
    2,292
    That Burger King ad was more for the toys and a chance to win the Wii U.

    Still waitin for the non-kiddish commercials and more hard core type Nintendo is going after with Wii U.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    I hope it isn't as cheesy as the UK comercial. Im not even counting the accent, but that ad was CHEE- ZEE as hell.

  20. #20
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11,042
    Yeah, that was a Burger King commercial. That wasn't the Nintendo commercial we've been waiting for. At least it's getting the word out there that the Wii U exists, though.

    Sping, sping, sping, sping, sping, sping!!!

  21. #21
    Senior Member Daemonrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    Yeah, that was a Burger King commercial. That wasn't the Nintendo commercial we've been waiting for. At least it's getting the word out there that the Wii U exists, though.

    Sping, sping, sping, sping, sping, sping!!!
    I wonder if we should start a "sping" meme - it could totally make "pew, pew pew" obsolete!

  22. #22
    Senior Member Drawin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The always changing misrepresentation between Fabrication and Reality. I migrate.
    Posts
    455
    UK: Sping, Sping, Sping!
    USA: WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUUUUUB

    Wii U Advertising Campaign Launch Video - YouTube

  23. #23
    Senior Member Daemonrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawin View Post
    UK: Sping, Sping, Sping!
    USA: WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUUUUUB

    Wii U Advertising Campaign Launch Video - YouTube
    Yeah...so...they got the point across as to what the system is capable of doing. I think the whole family friendly/kids playing thing isn't going to help change the "kiddie" image.

  24. #24
    Moderator the ancient gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,768
    I think I might have liked the Burger King ad better. At least this one is better than the UK ad, but that's not saying a whole lot. It's focus was a lot different--more on fun than functionality, and that's a good thing. Obviously slanting more toward casual gamers, which is probably smart, but why feature Sing so much? Maybe there will be a separate ad totally devoted to more "hardcore" games. I found it interesting Lego City was in it. Must mean it'll be out by the end of the year.
    Last edited by the ancient gamer; 11-01-2012 at 01:13 PM.

  25. #25
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11,042
    Well, this commercial is 100 times better than the UK one, but I'm still disappointed. No "hardcore" games at all. It didn't really do anything at all to change their casual image. At least it wasn't overly corny and horrible quality, like the UK commercial.
    NNID: WoodenSaucer (imagine that )


  26. #26
    Senior Member Daemonrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by the ancient gamer View Post
    I think I might have liked the Burger King ad better. At least this one is better than the UK ad, but that's not saying a whole lot. It's focus was a lot different--more on fun than functionality, and that's a good thing. Obviously slanting more toward casual gamers, which is probably smart, but why feature Sing so much? Maybe there will be a separate ad totally devoted to more "hardcore" games. I found it interesting Lego City was in it. Must mean it'll be out by the end of the year.
    Yeah I was quite surprised at the showing of Lego City as well. Since every title they showed was a Nintendo published title, I would have hoped they would have showed Ninja Gaiden III or something as well. I think Ubisoft would really help the Wii U ad campaign if they started to show commercials for Rayman Legends and ZombiU. I wonder if Activision will show any Wii U specific trailers for Black Ops 2...doubtful as the Xbox 360 is still their primary audience.
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

  27. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawin View Post
    UK: Sping, Sping, Sping!
    USA: WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUUUUUB

    Wii U Advertising Campaign Launch Video - YouTube
    A nice commercial. Puts the UK one to shame, honestly. But where are the adults (not near kids)? I mean, show ZombiU or something. It was nice, I liked it... but it seemed to really push that it was for 7 year olds, and parents of those 7 year olds.
    WoodenSaucer and Daemonrunner like this.

  28. #28
    Senior Member Daemonrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by ceramicsaturn View Post
    A nice commercial. Puts the UK one to shame, honestly. But where are the adults (not near kids)? I mean, show ZombiU or something. It was nice, I liked it... but it seemed to really push that it was for 7 year olds, and parents of those 7 year olds.
    Exactly! I know family is part of their whole image - and the oddly placed granny dancing to the teenage girl singing was very weird - but where is the guy playing Ninja Gaiden III?

    They probably didn't show Rayman or ZombiU because they wanted to show only Nintendo published titles, but still, show some slicing and dicing! I did like the well-placed nod to Nintendo TVii - brief, but it gets the point across it is more than just a game system.

  29. #29
    Moderator the ancient gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,768
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    Well, this commercial is 100 times better than the UK one, but I'm still disappointed. No "hardcore" games at all. It didn't really do anything at all to change their casual image. At least it wasn't overly corny and horrible quality, like the UK commercial.
    Everyone else seems to feel the same way you do, but while I myself am not happy with the direction they went there, I totally understand it. They're going after the casual, Wii crowd first. Don't be surprised if the second commercial does the same thing. It's hard to juxtapose NSMBU with Zombiu or Ninja Gaiden within a short span of time and make it work, still appealing to that crowd. Nintendo fans are going to buy it, "hardcore" gamers not wholly devoted to one of the other two might buy it. Other gamers are going to have to be convinced, and a TV ad isn't going to do that on it's own. If Nintendo does do a "hardcore" ad, it probably won't be for a while, maybe even after launch.

  30. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    28
    I think this ad got the point across in a very short amount of time. IMO opinion it was way better that the UK one. If they follow this casual games ad with an ad that shows ''hardcore'' games, the Wii U campaign would be excellent.
    Awesomeness is my word!

  31. #31
    Senior Member Nintyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Some where.
    Posts
    2,292
    It was more aimed at families in the 1st ad for USA. Which is smart since casual gamers are most important with Nintendo's side than with hardcore.

    Nintendo just started targeted hardcore gamers with Wii U, so they'll advertise that later.

    The winner right now that Nintendo needs to get is the casuals 1st.
    Last edited by Nintyfan; 11-01-2012 at 03:39 PM.

  32. #32
    Releaser of the Hounds WoodenSaucer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11,042
    Quote Originally Posted by the ancient gamer View Post
    Everyone else seems to feel the same way you do, but while I myself am not happy with the direction they went there, I totally understand it. They're going after the casual, Wii crowd first. Don't be surprised if the second commercial does the same thing. It's hard to juxtapose NSMBU with Zombiu or Ninja Gaiden within a short span of time and make it work, still appealing to that crowd. Nintendo fans are going to buy it, "hardcore" gamers not wholly devoted to one of the other two might buy it. Other gamers are going to have to be convinced, and a TV ad isn't going to do that on it's own. If Nintendo does do a "hardcore" ad, it probably won't be for a while, maybe even after launch.
    I think you're probably right. But it totally contradicts what they were saying in the beginning about going after the hardcore gamer.
    ceramicsaturn likes this.
    NNID: WoodenSaucer (imagine that )


  33. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,424
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodenSaucer View Post
    I think you're probably right. But it totally contradicts what they were saying in the beginning about going after the hardcore gamer.
    They could very well come out with some "hardcore" commercials. But Nintendo needs another huge success. Casuals first... well...that simply is a good business move.

    Besides, ZombiU etc will have their own commercials I'm sure. Maybe Nintendo is banking on them advertising the hardcore side of things since, without games like Metroid, Nintendo doesn't have much to show right now for the core group.

    Look at the Tekken Wii U commercials that have been playing for about a month as a decent example of this.
    the ancient gamer likes this.

  34. #34
    Senior Member Nintyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Some where.
    Posts
    2,292
    Quote Originally Posted by ceramicsaturn View Post
    They could very well come out with some "hardcore" commercials. But Nintendo needs another huge success. Casuals first... well...that simply is a good business move.

    Besides, ZombiU etc will have their own commercials I'm sure. Maybe Nintendo is banking on them advertising the hardcore side of things since, without games like Metroid, Nintendo doesn't have much to show right now for the core group.




    Look at the Tekken Wii U commercials that have been playing for about a month as a decent example of this.

    I think right now they're just advertising Wii U as 1 or a whole. Showing what the system can do.

    Single ads for specific a game will probably come out after system releases.

  35. #35
    The Senior Member Bob Singh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,367
    The ad wasn't mind blowing Its an average okay ad. just imagine, what reaction would a hardcore gamer have? pffft yeah anther Wii whateverrr.
    WoodenSaucer likes this.

  36. #36
    Moderator Darth Praxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    4,482
    Nintendo NID
    DarthPraxs
    Other Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Darth Praxis Steam ID: DarthPraxis
    I kinda thought it kicked ass! It did show a lot of Nintendoland screenshots, and they decided to focus more on their party style games appealing to casual gamers. But I very much enjoyed the positive energy the ad seemed to exude. It didn't feel like any other ad I have ever seen before. People can't say they're copying Apple or something. And the final reveal and tagline were pretty damn cool. Let's see Ubisoft put out a Zombie U ad themselves since it has so much to show all on it's own. I think it would have been nice to see it in Nintendo's ad but would have been overshadowed due to the large number of other games shown and the chosen "over-the-shoulder" gameplay in the ad. With all the segments configured in the cube format, I'm sure we'll see smaller spots featuring individual games as well as the TVii feature, which was also present in this ad. Keep it up Nintendo!

    EDIT: Though I enjoyed this commercial and feel in general it conveys the necessary information the public needs, I also have concluded because of all the confusion over Tablets (not table CS, :-p) that some might not be capable of discerning that it actually is a new game console, with a new controller. I expanded on this in my other thread, Tablet or Console?
    Last edited by Darth Praxis; 11-04-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •